These cookies are perfect with a nice cuppa tea, or a hot beverage of your choice! They were quick and easy to make, require hardly any effort and taste wonderful. It’s an almost one-bowl mix, without the need for a mixer so it’ll save washing extra dishes too! Well, what are you waiting for? Recipe follows..
I found this recipe whilst browsing the Two Chicks website – if you remember, I mentioned that I used Two Chicks egg whites when making meringue kisses (much easier than separating yolks & whites). They’ve got a ton of great egg white recipes, so it’s worth a look!
Makes between 14 – 16 cookies
- 4 tbsp Two Chicks egg whites or 1 large egg
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 50g melted butter
- 50g ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- Handful of whole almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and prepare some baking trays with baking paper.
2. Carefully melt butter in microwave (takes about 15 secs, but keep an eye on it) and let it cool.
3. Mix together egg whites/egg with caster sugar. Next, add flour, ground almonds, butter and almond essence and stir together with a spatula.
4. Once it comes together it may be a little runny but don’t worry, it will spread and then settle nicely on the baking sheet – so make sure you spread them apart evenly! For reference, I used about a teaspoon per cookie and they will get a bit bigger whilst they bake. Press almonds into the centre of each cookie.
5. Bake for 12 – 15 mins and then allow to cool on a wire rack.
Serve with a nice hot cup of tea and enjoy!