Up until now, I’ve never eaten rocky road, let alone made it. Turns out, it’s possibly one of the easiest and most foolproof treats to make. Takes about 5 mins to prepare and just some time to set in the fridge.. a perfect snack-sized treat!
Rocky Road Bars
2 hr 10 min
2 hr 10 min
- 125g butter
- 350g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids work best)
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 200g rich tea biscuits
- 100g mini marshmallows
- Melt together butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a large saucepan, taking care not to let it boil. Once melted together, set aside to cool and scoop out 150ml of the chocolate mixture for later.
- Place the biscuits in a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin. You want both fine crumbs and chunks of biscuits left.
- Add the crumbled biscuits to the chocolate mixture and stir in, then add the marshmallows.
- Carefully press the mixture into a 8″ square tin (or one of a similar size) and flatten it out. Pour the 150ml of chocolate mixture from earlier all over the top, spreading evenly.
- Let it set in the fridge for about 2 hours and it’ll be ready to eat!
- I drizzled some melted white chocolate over the top as an additional garnish, or you could just dust with icing sugar.
Sam's Cupcakery https://www.samscupcakery.com/